Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Critical thinking. You should has it.

By now, everyone should be sick and tired about my constant ranting and raving about critical thinking, thinking for yourself, logic, et cetera et cetera et cetera...

I'm a maths guy. It's what I harp on and how I survive. And as a teacher, even more so because I am charged with the task of teaching OTHERS how to think critically.

YES. Your children will be in my hands. Fear for the future.

A friend of mine recently sent me this story written in the style of a Zen lesson. I think it sums my views on critical thinking up very nicely.

I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Principia Discordia is AWESOME.

    Discordianism is my new religion lol.

    Seriously though, I'm an atheist, but it's still pretty awesome. Better than pastafarianism. And now I'll be burnt at the stake! ;)

    have you read the rest of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a little more of it than just the Zen koan, but not by much. What I've seen is great, though.

    ReplyDelete